OBJECTIVE, STRATEGY AND STRENGTHS OF CENS
The Centre for European Nutrition and Health (CENS) is a collaborative structure with a « one-stop-shop » approach to investigate Nutrition by considering all dimensions and offer a comprehensive vision of the field.
|Our ambition: integrate scientific expertise and technical services in Nutrition and Health from Fundamental to Applied Research (-omics technologies, in vitro and animal models, clinical platforms,…) to accelerate product development and validation, provide high-level training and disseminate knowledge to the civil society…|
CENS provides access to a network of multidisciplinary skills by being a collaborative organisation and offering cutting-edge infrastructures. This allows it to be a major player to face current public health challenges (pathological aging, nutrition-related chronic diseases) and personalise nutrition throughout life.
CENS aims to contribute significantly to the construction of a fully operational European Research network on prevention and treatment of nutrition-based diseases with the following objectives:
- to increase significantly scientific knowledge and its transfer to society,
- to deliver improved innovative solutions to relevant concepts in terms of products, services and guidelines.
Internationally renowned scientists at the origin of CENS:
- Martine Laville (PU-PH, President of CENS),
- Hubert Vidal (INSERM/INRA CarMeN Unit Director),
- Agnès Giboreau (Paul Bocuse Research Center Director),
- Joëlle Goudable (PU-PH, Biochemistry department),
- Chantal Simon (PU-PH, Diabetology – Endocrinology – Nutrition department).
Major players in the food and pharmaceutical R&D industries also joined the initiative.
A TEAM DEDICATED TO YOUR PROJECTS
|Laure PERRIN-VIDOZ||Julie-Anne NAZARE||Sylvie HERMET|
|General Delegate||Scientific coordinator||Executive Assistant|